While it was my intention to write at least two posts a week, this intention has, as you might have noticed, not been carried out. Why, you might wonder. Well, I have been busy as fuck. Mostly with making friends and being a drunk mess, but also with exploring Beijing, doing homework and, last and unfortunately least, with picking up boys.
So, where to start; where to start..? Well, before I get to anything else, I'd like to address the subject of Beijing boys, because god are they different from Japanese boys! The Beijing boys, gorgeous as they might be, are HARD work – they don't give a fuck about the fact that you're foreign and thus they don't give you any attention whatsoever. This, my friends, is difficult for me, being the queen/attention-seeking whore that I am, to deal with. I am used to walking into bars and instantly getting everybody's attention. I am used to getting hit on. I am used to everybody knowing who I am. Fuck; I am used to swiping my golden sceptre (God forbid that that is American English – I'm not really OK with using peasant language, you see) and having it MY way! But no, not in China. Definitely not in China. Don't get me wrong, though, it's not as people treat me as if I was ugly; it's just that I feel like I'm being a little bit overlooked; that's all.
As a little side note to the previous paragraph it might be added that I managed to drag what could have been the ugliest boy in Beijing with me home the other night. Ha. I don't really feel like telling the story (who am I kidding; of course I feel like telling the story – I just don't have the time at the moment!), but let me just say that it involved a disgusting body (which didn't belong to me, obviously), an Indonesian accent and him asking me if he could call me "daddy". Ugh. Vomit. Fortunately, I came to my senses before anything actually happened and as soon as the first ravishing rays of sunlight hit my face the morning after I took the garbage out and that was the end of that story. Phew.
Now, let me, for once in this blog, digress from sex and alcohol. As implausible as it might seem, I do do other things than boys and drinks. I do do friends, for instance, and fuck have I found nice friends here in the capital of the People's Republic of China...
The first (real) friends that I made were three wonderful, sweet-singing, Swedish girls. The trio consists of Ia, Anna and Ellen and they've known each other since high school (or something like that). In fact, they just graduated from the Swedish gymnasium, where they studied a combination of musicology and science. They are all AMAZING singers – I mean, we'll be walking in the streets and there'll be a car horn and what do they do? They fucking harmonise with the car horn! They are experts on Swedish drinking songs and, as can be understood by the previous part about the car horn, they can sing brilliant harmonies instantly. I am BEYOND impressed. Besides, they drink like Swedish girls and they have a brilliant sense of humor. Oh, and did I mention that they're all gorgeous?
Fuck; my blogging-time is running out. There are more friends that I would like to mention, but do to lack of time, let me limit myself to just one more, namely: Alice Dawkins. Besides the fact that she carries the same last name as one of my favourite authors, she has the most amazing taste in books and, at the age of bloody 17, she's read SO MANY of my favourite books (think: the lighthouse, the trial). She is beyond hot, she's hilarious to spend time with and she's basically everything I wasn't when I was 17; in short: a truly amazing Aussie!
There's also this other girl – is anybody surprised that all my friends are girls? Seriously, who has the patience and the mental stamina to be friends with ugly-dressing, football-loving, super-boring straight males? – called Laisa. She's from Holland, and she's truly fabulous.
That's all for today, lovers, but there'll be more to come, so stay tuned!
Keep it colourful, as Picasso allegedly said.
Ta-Ta!
Wouldn't it be scepTRE in the Queen's English?
SvaraRaderaJust saying...
+ 1 on Oscar's comment.
SvaraRaderaFörresten, historien verkar ju upprepa sig själv med att du träffar tre nya svenska tjejer som just slutat gymnasiet? =P Orginellt Emil ;)
Oscar, dearest, you're totally right!
SvaraRaderaThérèse, the history books on the shelf; the song is repeating itself!